The role will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of their teams and ensure that the overall delivery capability is utilised effectively to ensure alignment with program and strategic goals. That means hiring, coaching, mentoring, managing engineers and creating a high-performance team where team members are empowered to do their best work.
You will be reporting to the Director of Engineering and managing engineers from several Scrum teams. You will need to be able to influence other members of the team, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic. Although you won’t need to write code every day, we are looking for someone with an extensive technical background and a good understanding of modern microservice architecture that can be hands-on when needed.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Help to shape Engineering function ensuring we follow a path of constant improvement in everything we do.
- Support, coach and develop the members of your team(s) via feedback, 1-1s and relationship building.
- Work with our HR department to recruit the most suitable candidates to ensure the high-performing team to meet our objectives.
- Work closely with senior management and engineers to ensure good engineering practices are followed and implemented across the Engineering team and the Engineering Roadmap is suitable to reach our goals.
- Identify any technical or operational challenges and improve upon our onboarding, documentation, SDLC, and developer experience to make Engineering at XTM not only a great place to work but also highly effective.
- Facilitate the career progression of individuals through pathways, objectives, and goals.
- Work to communicate company objectives and Engineering goals to individuals to ensure close alignment, allowing for the autonomy and agency of the individuals you lead.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team culture, promoting collaboration and knowledge-sharing
- Generally a people management heavy position however some expectations to be hands-on when needed
- 2+ years of experience building and leading engineering teams
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals and software delivery process
- Experience in hiring, developing diverse teams, creating an inclusive environment and retaining top talent
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Experience in working closely with the product team and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong hands-on software engineering background with Java, cloud platforms like AWS, microservice architecture
- Strong skills in English, both spoken and written
- Fluency in Polish will be a plus
What we offer:
- Access to e-learning platform
- Training program
- Individual development plans
- Remote work
- A great team and work atmosphere